Friday, November 6, 2009

The World Needs More Walken.....




I've always liked Christopher Walken-I, like others, am not quite sure what it is. Is it the New York street accent crossed with his high-end dancing ability and his Saturday afternoon horror movie-like name? Is it the witty and sometimes glib delivery? Or was it this scene in "True Romance":

Vincenzo Coccotti: We're gonna have a little Q&A, and at the risk of sounding redundant, please... make your answers genuine. You know who I am, Mr. Worley?
Clifford Worley: I got no idea.
Coccotti: I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you. My name is Vincent Coccotti. I work as counsel for Mr. Blue Lou Boyle, the man your son stole from. I hear you were once a cop so I can assume you've heard of us before. Am I correct?
Clifford Worley: I heard of Blue Lou Boyle.
Coccotti: I'm glad. Hopefully it means we can cut out the part of the conversation where you're wondering how full of shit I am.

A great Walken quote:


"You know ... acting is not very difficult, once you know how to do it, ... And that's ... so beautiful, because you can say that about anything: It's not difficult, once you know how.
I don't need to be made to look evil. I can do that on my own.
I tend to play mostly villains and twisted people. Unsavory guys. I think it's my face, the way I look."


Here's part of an interview Chris did that I found on IMDb:

"I make movies that nobody will see. I've made movies that even I have never seen. Emotional power is maybe the most valuable thing that an actor can have.I've enjoyed making movies for lots of different reasons. Sometimes, it was the other people. Sometimes, it was the fact that I was really good in it. Sometimes, it was the location. Sometimes, it was the paycheck. Sometimes, it can be lots of different things, or a lot of those things. Or there can be reasons why you'd like to avoid it the next time. Like the jungle. I've made a couple of movies in the jungle, and I don't want to go back to the jungle.
Back home, I do the same things every day. Exactly the same. I eat at the same time, I get up at the same time, I do the same things in the same order. I read. I have coffee. Then I study my scripts, I exercise on the treadmill, I make myself a little something to eat. I am a great believer in the Mediterranean diet.
I have been in movies that I thought I wasn't very good in. I think, Chris, don't let your mouth hang open like that next time. Look at that facial tic. Don't walk in such a self-conscious way! But sometimes, I watch myself and I think that I am terrific - and that is really nice.I have this theory about words. There's a thousand ways to say `Pass the salt.'It could mean, you know, `Can I have some salt?'; or it could mean, `I love you.'; It could mean `I'm very annoyed with you'; really, the list could go on and on.; Words are little bombs, and they have a lot of energy inside them.
I'm serious. I do not like the unknown or the unexpected. I cannot stand being surprised, yet as an actor I like surprise. I get very upset if my bills aren't paid immediately."

No comments:

Post a Comment